Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!

Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!
This lead up to where the green grass grows!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trying to Peacefully Make Some Decisions

I had to miss church tonight because of a “patient emergency”. I always take care of my patients to the best of my ability but it was very disheartening when I looked at the clock as I walked out of that home and it was already 7:20pm. I try my best to be obedient and read God’s word but I will be the first to admit that at times it is hard to pick that Bible up after a long day at work. I decided tonight that I would just open my Bible and see what the first verse I came to was. I know, I know, it probably isn’t the best idea just in case I open to something that doesn’t seem to fit with the day I have had. Unfortunately, I am missing the message that our wonderful pastor has prepared for tonight and Steven is currently at church so since I don’t seem to have the ability to focus  at the moment and come up with another option, the random page thing is going to have to do it! Here it goes… We are doing this together!
“Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck” `Psalm 69:1
WOW! That is a powerful piece of scripture for me to randomly turn to at this very moment in my life. I have been struggling with a few issues concerning work and this has turned into an almost constant burden upon me. I feel a struggle between the “power” I have as a member of management and the realization that my job choice does not often correlate with my career choice as I initially went into nursing for patient care and not necessarily for the billing/demographics side of it.
Scripture is often perceived as what the particular person reading it happens to need at that moment. I have prayed multiple times throughout this day and have even compared my troubles with “barely keeping my head above water” so this could not be more perfect!
Next I went to the back of one of my Bibles that has the small “quick references”.  I looked at the word “WORRY” for that is what I am doing mostly today. It directed me to Nahum 1:7 which reads,
“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him”
I KNOW that I have to trust God with my problems, I KNOW that praying is the way for me to find not only a solution for my problems but the correct solution. I am not always good at listening to what God tries to tell me. I realize that “gut feelings” ARE a message that I should not overlook. I am just praying for the strength to know and make the right decision, to listen to message and obey with my heart instead of with my head. (My head is to rational and analyzes things WAY TO MUCH).
I will end tonight with words to live by, words that I aim to live by
Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
I love that prayer to its entirety, although most of us know it by the abbreviated form.  If you read this blog please say a little prayer for me that I can pray this prayer and listen to it, finding that pathway to peace as I listen to Him and make certain big decisions that I feel are powerfully arising within my life.
I never intended for this little blog to turn into a “crutch” for me and a vehicle to offer strangers a look inside of my life but I am constantly finding that instead of a crutch it is more of a staple as I feel that it brings me closer to God as I pray to Him for the words to flow from my fingertips as I type this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment