Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!

Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!
This lead up to where the green grass grows!

Monday, May 16, 2011

How DOES He do it?! Have you ever wondered?

Have you ever stopped to think about how hard it is to listen to more than one person at a time? As I prepared for our Bible study tonight (which by the way was fabulous!) a four and a five year old were struggling to obtain my attention solely. This, along with a very waggy tailed Maggie (barking included) and the distant buzz in a nearby room of a TV that was never turned off as someone exited the area really got me thinking about what it must be like for God to listen to everyone’s prayers. What in the world must that be like?! Is it a constant hummmmm? A slight buzzzzz? How many languages can he interpret?!  How many people actually begin to speak to him at the exact same moment every day? How in the world does He do it?! I also know that we want a “quick fix” in today’s society!  A diet pill, a get rich quick scheme, those don’t really work! The same goes with our prayers. I am working on my obedience, my commitment to praying to God starting when I wake up, talking with him throughout the day, and last thing at night before I fall asleep.  As I dig deeper into His word and am finding meaning behind every piece of scripture that I read, I learn daily that it WILL be a challenge, it IS going to take me sacrificing things that I once loved, and people for that matter. Worldly things that once seemed so very important to be do not hold that same value anymore.
“He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil” 1 Peter 3:11-12
This tells me that if I pray like I should, spend the time with God that I should and live the right way, my prayers will be answered. I am slowly but surely learning that there is also reasons behind unanswered prayers as well. It is all about God’s will and what I feel that is right at the moment when I am just praying to God for something may not always be.
“Be joyful always; Pray continuously; Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ. Do not put out the Spirit’s fire, do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold onto good. Avoid every kind of evil.” 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-22.
I’m not sure how He does it. But I know that he hears ALL of our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment