Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!

Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!
This lead up to where the green grass grows!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

God IS with us Always!

We have had our Bible study two weeks now. It is casual and small. Steven (my husband) is so excited about this venture that he cannot wait for it to grow and flourish into a larger group. Patience I tell him often is what he needs and to continue to have Faith that our small group will grow into a larger one before he knows it.
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience” Colossians 3:12
I know that Steven may need gentle reminders that what he is doing by offering this time to our parents and our dearest friends may not be on a grand scale (yet) it is him allowing God to work through him. He felt his calling to ministry (I personally have never had that calling so I cannot begin to imagine how grand it must feel) and did not resist it. He has let it lead him where he needs to go. When he speaks and Gods word flow from his lips it is unmistakable that everyone around him benefits from his calling. It is evidently clear that he puts his heart and his time into his messages and that they are thought out and prepared for our little group, no matter how many people attend.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” ~Colossians 3:23~
Our little group of five or six is that of family and dear loved ones that have a true desire to learn of His word as we congregate together for that hour on Mondays.  Many have been invited and I truly feel in my heart that many more will join in with us one day. I also know that the ones that attend are here because they want to be.  During our closing prayer last night, Steven said something that sent chills all over my flesh. I asked him where it came from and in Matthew 18:20 it reads:
“For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them”
This really stood out in my mind on and off through the night and I asked Steven about it this morning as we were getting ready for work. The way that he described it to me, and it really makes a lot of sense, is that we are a home full of believers and as long as we pray together, read the bible together, and keep His word within our home then he is always in our presence! Now that is an amazing thought to take with me day in and day out as we strive to teach our children about God’s love and His promise for eternal life!
Next Monday we are learning about Faith of a Mustard Seed! I am really looking forward to it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment