Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!

Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!
This lead up to where the green grass grows!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Humble me oh Lord!

I haven’t taken the time to blog in a very long time. It seems that when the devil decides to strike a household, he hits hard! Starting at the end of December, he has lingered within the walls of our home and sometimes I feel like he stands outside the front door to hit us as we leave our home as well. It has not just been one thing, but a variety of situations from family sickness to misguided children and even lies that could be detrimental to our lives. I am certain that when I started this blog, it was not to ever be negative or pessimistic and I feel that is why I have withheld from jotting down my words for so very long. I simply wanted to share the stories of my blessings while reveling in God’s word.
I realized just tonight that yes; our family has been through many trials in this last five months or so. But all the while, we are still surrounded by so many blessings. For example, since the last time I blogged I have started a job as full time nursing faculty at our local community college, this IS what I went to school for! I want to teach nurses to be good nurses!! I got to attend my first pinning ceremony as a faculty member the other day. I have only been with these students for one semester but I am proud beyond belief and words cannot even begin to describe how happy I am for these students as I watch them complete this semester and move on into the profession! I hope they realize as I watch them grow, and learn, and become our nurses of the future, and that God is their strength and while yes, medical advances are wonderful, He is what is the light and the path that truly guides them in caring for their future patients.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!”
I realize that there are times in all of our lives when we need to be humbled. I also realize that the best way to work through my problems is on my knees with my prayers going up! I am human; there are times when I just become so angry at the situations surrounding me that it is difficult to see the blessings that lie within them.
I am blessed that my children sit down at the table to have breakfast in the morning and in unison begin the say grace and thank God for the food that they are about to eat (even if I am in the other room getting ready for my workday).
Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
We all have struggles in our lives and days that feel like our world is crashing down around us. I find myself praying often of late that God will simply show me the right path and calm my anger that surrounds the many situations in my life that I have no control over. I pray to simply be humble.
Psalm 147:6  “The LORD lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground.”
We still have many unspoken prayer needs within the walls of our home. I ask that if you took the time to read this, please take a few moments and pray for our family.
Happy May everyone!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment