Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!

Just a Few Stairs on Our Hike!
This lead up to where the green grass grows!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank you God for the blessings in my life!

I am going to try to allow more time for my blogging this month! It is as important to me spiritually as my prayer time as it is a time where I can reflect on the happenings in my life! It has been so refreshing taking on this new role in my company. I feel like I am blessed in more than one way in that situation. Of course the obvious blessing is that I am able to provide financially in a way that my family needs. But the situation is so much more than I ever could have imagined! The patient that I am caring for (and getting to know) has proved quickly to be an extreme blessing to just be around! Those monthly 30 minute visits do not allow for true connection and it took this new role for me to realize that by simply “managing” cases for so very long, I overlooked the reward that these nurses working the cases had the opportunity to experience if they only took the time to do so. I know the nursing side of this care but in three short days I am learning the therapy side that correlates with this type of circumstance.
The family that I am blessed to spend my time with is an amazing one!  The love that they share for one another is evident constantly and the faith that they have in this child’s recovery is the greatest that I have ever seen! And more often than not during the course of my “work day” we talk about God and what Jesus did for us. This brings to my mind a very important thing that we learn from His word, in the book of Matthew.
“For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them.” Matthew 18:20
I can absolutely feel God’s presence from the moment I walk through that door in the morning! I can visibly see the great strides that this patient has come through just by looking at him but the opportunity to see the faith and love that surrounds him daily is indescribable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment